The Steampunk Megapack collects 26 stories of excessive event via Victorian and Edwardian eras—past, current, and future!
• “Midnight at Valdosta's,” through Jay Lake
• “The Case of the strange Safecracker,” by means of G. D. Falksen
• “The Acquisition of Mandrakes and Assistants,” through Jillian Venters
• “The Whisperer in Darkness,” through H. P. Lovecraft
• “The Brass Goggle manufacturing facility Worker,” by means of John Leavitt
• “The course of Progress,” through Brian Stableford
• “The Tailed Men,” through Arthur O. Friel
• “The very unlikely Mister Lapin Investigates: The Affair of the bad Boar,” via Peter Wordworth
• “The battle Effort,” by means of Austin H. Williams
• “Herbert West: Reanimator,” by way of H. P. Lovecraft
• A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, by way of Mark Twain
• “The Trumpeter,” through Arthur O. Friel
• “The computer Stops,” by means of E. M. Forster
• “The remarkable Adventures of 1 Hans Pfaal,” by means of Edgar Allan Poe
• The misplaced World, by means of Arthur Conan Doyle
• “The Gateway of the Monster,” through William wish Hodgson
• A Princess of Mars, by means of Edgar Rice Burroughs
• “The Mid-Watch Tragedy,” by means of Vincent Starrett
• “Mustered Out,” by means of H. Bedford-Jones
• “Payable to Bearer,” through Talbot Mundy
• “The Devil's Heirloom,” through Anthony M. Rud
• “Doctor Ox's Experiment,” by means of Jules Verne
• “The Trial for Murder,” through Charles Dickens
• “Angel of the Revolution,” by means of George Griffith
• “The guy Who used to be Thursday,” by means of G. ok. Chesterton
• “The Horror of the Heights,” through Arthur Conan Doyle
Read or Download The Steampunk Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Steampunk Stories PDF
Best Anthology books
The striking selection of the translations Robert Bly has been generating for greater than fifty years, introducing international poets to American readers for the 1st time. Robert Bly has continually been amazingly prescient in his selection of poets to translate. The poetry he chosen provided characteristics that appeared missing from the literary tradition of this nation.
Writing obsessively in French, English, and Portuguese, Fernando Pessoa left a prodigious physique of labor, a lot of it less than "heteronyms"—fully fleshed regulate egos with startlingly diverse kinds and issues of view. supplying a distinct sampling of all his most renowned voices, this assortment positive aspects poems that experience by no means sooner than been translated along many initially composed in English. as well as such significant works as "Maritime Ode of Campos" and his Goethe-inspired Faust, written in clean verse, there are numerous wonderful poems that experience in simple terms come to mild within the final 5 years. chosen and translated by means of major Pessoa student Richard Zenith, this is often the best advent to be had to the breadth of Pessoa’s genius.
* The translations are in accordance with the main authoritative variations, validated opposed to the unique manuscripts
* comprises an advent discussing Pessoa, his paintings, and the phenomenon of "heteronymy" in addition to a chronology
A commonly diversified, immensely relaxing, and traditionally vital anthology, destiny On Ice is a exhibit for the most well liked tales by means of the good SF writers of the Eighties. whole with a preface, advent, and tale notes by way of Card hilself, listed below are early tales from eighteen tremendously gifted authors who've for the reason that shattered the face of technological know-how fiction.
Bounce INTO the longer term, AND SHOOT again TO THE PASTH. G. Wells’s seminal brief tale “The Time Machine,” released in 1895, supplied the springboard for contemporary technological know-how fiction’s time go back and forth explosion. Responding to their very own fascination with the topic, the best visionary writers of the 20th century penned a few of their best tales.
Additional info for The Steampunk Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Steampunk Stories
Can’t you are making a visit up right here sooner than your university time period opens? it'd be marvellously pleasant if you happen to may perhaps. carry alongside the phonograph list and all my letters to you as consultative data—we shall want them in piecing jointly the total great tale. chances are you'll carry the kodak prints, too, in view that I appear to have mislaid the negatives and my very own prints in all this fresh pleasure. yet what a wealth of proof i must upload to all this groping and tentative material—and what a fantastic gadget i need to complement my additions! Don’t hesitate—I am unfastened from espionage now, and you may now not meet something unnatural or demanding. simply come alongside and allow my motor vehicle meet you on the Brattleboro station—prepare to stick so long as you could, and anticipate many a night of debate of items past all human conjecture. Don’t inform somebody approximately it, of course—for this topic mustn't ever get to the promiscuous public. The educate carrier to Brattleboro isn't really bad—you can get a time-table in Boston. Take the B. & M. to Greenfield, after which swap for the short rest of the way in which. I recommend your taking the handy 4:10 p. m. —standard—from Boston. This will get into Greenfield at 7:35, and at 9:19 a teach leaves there which reaches Brattleboro at 10:01. that's week-days. enable me be aware of the date and I’ll have my vehicle to be had on the station. Pardon this typed letter, yet my handwriting has grown shaky of overdue, as you recognize, and that i don’t suppose equivalent to lengthy stretches of script. I obtained this new Corona in Brattleboro yesterday—it turns out to paintings rather well. looking forward to note, and hoping to determine you presently with the phonograph checklist and all my letters—and the kodak prints— i'm Yours in anticipation, HENRY W. AKELEY. To Albert N. Wilmarth, Esq. , Miskatonic collage, Arkham, Mass. * * * * The complexity of my feelings upon analyzing, re-reading, and considering over this unusual and unlooked-for letter is previous sufficient description. i've got stated that i used to be instantly relieved and made uneasy, yet this expresses purely crudely the overtones of various and mostly unconscious emotions which comprised either the comfort and the uneasiness. first of all, the item used to be so antipodally at variance with the complete chain of horrors previous it—the swap of temper from stark terror to chill complacency or even exultation was once so unheralded, lightning-like, and entire! i may scarcely think unmarried day may well so adjust the mental viewpoint of 1 who had written that ultimate frenzied bulletin of Wednesday, it doesn't matter what relieving disclosures that day may have introduced. At convinced moments a feeling of conflicting unrealities made me ponder whether this complete distantly stated drama of amazing forces weren't one of those half-illusory dream created mostly inside of my very own brain. Then i presumed of the phonograph list and gave solution to nonetheless better bewilderment. The letter appeared so not like something that could were anticipated! As I analysed my effect, I observed that it consisted of 2 detailed stages. First, granting that Akeley have been sane earlier than and used to be nonetheless sane, the indicated swap within the state of affairs itself used to be so fast and unthinkable.